An Ancient Medicine.
Acupuncture is the insertion of single-use & sterile stainless-steel needles through the skin. A typical treatment includes insertion of these needles on points based on your presentation and symptoms. Each session is highly customized for you and your specific health concern. Most points selected are on the limbs and torso, although head and ear points can also be used. I also use a variety of modalities in addition to using needles. If you are needle sensitive, please let me know! I have other ways to make you feel your best.
I use diagnostic techniques such as looking at your tongue, feeling your pulse, and palpitating your body to understand the dynamics surrounding your health concern. I ask very in-depth questions about things like your lifestyle, dietary and general constitution to come up with the best treatment plan for you.
Advance your healing with herbs.
In the United States, unprocessed raw herbs are classified and regulated as foods by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Therefore, Chinese medicinal herbs like garlic, ginger, and cinnamon are freely available at any local grocery store without a prescription. There are many additional herbs that I use which need to be ordered online from specialty suppliers and shipped directly to you. I understand the importance of sustainably sourced, organically harvested, and ethically produced herbal products, so I try my best to provide these to you.
I prescribe herbs based on symptoms rather than disease, and it is always individualized for you. Please know that one size fits all does not apply to TCM. I may prescribe two different formulas to two patients who have the same complaint. It is always advisable to consult with a trained herbalist so that your formula is tailored to you and your condition. This greatly increases effectiveness and safety of herbal medicine.
A doula ensures the best birthing experience.
A doula is a trained professional who provides parents with emotional, physical, and interpersonal support during pregnancy, child birth and the post-partum period. They are great at helping women visualize and practice their ideal pregnancies and births by acting as a liaison between expecting parents and the healthcare system. My training in acupuncture and herbs can help you all the way through your pregnancy. From treatments for morning sickness, constipation, back aches, to techniques for turning a breech baby, speeding up the labor process, and easing the pains of contraction, I got you, momma. I also offer plenty of post-natal support like breastmilk enhancing herbs, vaginal steaming, and treatments to subdue postpartum depression or anxiety.
Migun Therapy Bed
A relaxing way to detox.
Heal your entire body infra-red thermal technology with Jade rollers that run up & down your spine to alleviate chronic pain. Optimal use is up to 4 times a week for chronic pain, but can also be used to strengthen immunity, remove toxins and alleviate stressed muscles.
Other ways to heal.
- Moxibustion is a herb burned above the body that works in situations of pain, cold and stagnation.
- Cupping is the use of glass suction cups on areas of the body to loosen muscles and provide pain relief.
- Electro-Stimulation is a tens unit that is placed directly on the needles to send currents directly into muscle fibers.
- Auricular Acupuncture is the use of the ear as a small model of the body. Needles or “pellets” on indicated points to provide a longer lasting treatment.
- Gua Sha is a technique where a tool is scraped along the skin to release tension, reduce inflammation, and helps shorten down time with colds.
- Scalp acupuncture is scientifically proven to help with a wide variety of neurological disorders and post stroke recovery.
- Bleeding is pricking an area of the body with a small lancet to remove stagnation, clear heat, lower blood pressure, and course the qi in the channels
Holistic Health. Whole You.